Tuesday 3 April 2018

Next in Line

For the past few years, I've always prayed and applauded the past batches of UST Medicine for consistently doing well in the board exams. They send the most number of takers in the country, and still get great passing rates. A shining 99% flash on the halls of our school, followed by the topnotchers, testimonial lunches and dinners, and parties and neverending thanks to the Alma Mater. The past years, I've waited for several friends by the net, standing by on bomboradyo or the PRC website, and hastily CTRL+F-ing their names on the list. All of them bringing good news, and I call them, and congratulate them, ask about their plans (and parties).

This time. We are next in line. After The years in medschool. The Clerkship. The Revalida. The Internship. The makeups. The papers to PRC (oops, when's the deadline again?) After the hundreds facebook posts I posted on my friends wall after they passed... This may have come several years later as planned, but this time, it is here, looming like a giant, cold, harsh, mountain, waiting for me to conquer. The Physician Licensure Exams. For that coveted oath I've set my eyes on the first day of medschool. And that license to heal that will be attached to my name for the rest of my practice.

The (serious) prep for my license to heal starts tomorrow. It will be a road full of flashbacks, of the lectures I've slept with, and the books I fondled, and the handouts I made out with. Of the jittering remedial exams I took many many times. This time, I cannot charm myself in front of tribunal. I cannot wish for an easy case anymore, because the battlefield I am yet to face is a field everybody else will. During internship, I used all my strengths to my advantage and written exams were minimal, that's why I enjoyed it so much. But here comes the long nights looming again. Of sharpening one's testmanship, and throwbacking everything I studied in medschool. But there's no turning back, It's my turn, this time. 

The preparation for my license to heal starts tomorrow.

I should not be afraid, Lord, cause I know you are with me. Ikaw na bahala. I hope I still keep everything intact. You know what I'm talking about. May everything point me to a better light and the best chances to pass. May everything be stable enough so that I could focus. May everyone be supportive enough because I'll offer this to all of humanity anyway. Lord, send all your angels and saviors, known and unknown, living and not - this is another battle we shall face together, and this, will be for your greater glory. Here we go. It's my turn. Our turn.


Karl Erjon Misa Edejer, MD
Lic No - (to follow, August 2014)


All prayers, Welcome. Highly appreciated. 

Lezdothis. #BoardReview #August2014 #BIL 

No comments:

Post a Comment