Tuesday 3 April 2018

Louis Lane

Superman was Krypton's last hope,
lone survivor of a lost lineage, galaxies away
and when the last hope was thrown up to the stars,
his ship landed on our star, our planet.
and from then on, Krypton's last son was Earth's savior.

Around the world, he could go circle it in seconds,
destroy mountains like bowling pins,
shoot himself up to the sky in a simple flex,
he helped make the world a safer place which made people braver.
he could see through and through your skin and cauterize by just squinting

Most of all, his ultimate power, was Lois Lane.
he scrambles in the phone booth to dress fast just to save her,
he went through a horde of Kryptonite just for him to touch her,
Superman did things he never knew he was capable of, until She came.
it was the Love of that woman who turned a farm boy into a glimmering song of justice.

Unfortunately, I'm not born in Krypton.
I don't have Clark Kent's abs nor his shiny white teeth,
I don't have a phone booth that will magically turn me into a Justice League Icon.
But I will fight gravity for you.
I will circumnavigate the world the fastest way I could,
And it starts by beating the traffic on the way to your office.
I will convert your sad face using purely my charms and with the help of ice cream,
I don't fly,
but I could shoot ourselves up to the sky
and go everywhere we want in our conversations
I don't have X-ray vision but I will see right through you,
See beyond those porcelain skin and saccharine smell,
and read from every body language,
and microexpression, hesitations, and cues
Then I will see what even Superman can't see:
the multi-layered crazy spectrum of your personality

I know I cannot promise you a safer world,
But I could promise you, a stronger You

I'm no Superman.
But you -
- You're my Lois Lane. 
You turn me into a superhuman, Krypton would've never thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment